I’m getting worse at this blogging thing lol

I suppose I should start by recapping what’s happened between the last time I posted and now lol. I can’t remember if I mentioned it or whether it was supposed to be part of the Legoland post (that I still haven’t got around to writing), but Lukas’s crocs rubbed his feet really badly. Long story short they were a lot worse than they looked at first. Wednesday night he was up here playing while I was doing something for Nan and all of a sudden he started screaming. Came downstairs in a panic with blood all over his foot. A little bit of blood goes a long way and he kind of freaked at the sight of so much of it. I ended up having to bath him to clean it all up and spending nearly an hour trying to calm him down completely. I had to go through all the cupboard looking for plasters for him. It’s amazing how complicated my stupid latex allergy makes things, even putting a plaster on isn’t a simple process since I can’t touch most of them lol. Anyway he eventually calmed down once they had sudocream and plasters on. Only problem was they kind of kept bleeding every time he moved too much or tried to walk and seeing the little bit of blood on the plaster freaked him out all over again. So I promised him he could stay home from school on Thursday but that he would have to come to my midwife appointment with me. Talk about magic words, he had already been sulking because he was going to miss it. For the rest of the evening he mostly forgot about his feet unless he moved and they hurt or bled. The midwife appointment went fine, Fidget even cooperated for the most part and let her listen to his heartbeat (even if he did kick her lol). It’s quite funny when they ask can you feel the baby moving ok and then say oh never mind, I can see the baby moving lol. After that we went to try out Subway’s new snack menu, that’s the only advantage of my doctors is the food places and tesco that are about 2 minutes away from it lol. Lukas tried their pepperoni pizza thing and me and Mark opted for their mini breakfast wrap minus the beans. Lukas wasn’t keen on the sauce they used but he still finished it all and we really enjoyed ours. Do you remember how I said in the last post that I had no plans for Friday? Well it wasn’t until Friday morning that I remembered why I had made no plans for that day, it was because Nan was going into hospital to have her surgery on her leg oops lol. I had been up all night feeling rough and went down to see her before I went to bed. Luckily for me I wasn’t the one going with her and I was only supposed to be here to answer the phone calls from everyone wanting to know how it had gone but even I am surprised that it slipped my mind. I kind of have the mind of a goldfish lately. I managed to get about 2 hours of sleep though. Her surgery went quite well but I was more than a little surprised when Nan rung me and said she was on her way home. I thought since she had been under general anaesthetic for at least 3 hours they would have kept her in but nope they let her come home. She was quite hyper on the phone and still a little that way when she got home. She was a lot more normal as the painkillers started to wear off. I had to help her with quite a few things and I don’t mind that I really don’t but it’s kind of hard when all you really want to do is go to bed and go to sleep. It was almost 1am before I even made it to bed and then Saturday morning I was up at 5am to help her down the stairs and make her a coffee etc. I felt bad leaving her downstairs in her chair with instructions to call my mobile if she wanted anything and went back to bed. I managed a few hours sleep and then it was back to helping her with bits here and there. It helps a lot that she is so stubborn and wants to do everything for herself, I was feeling so ill I don’t know how we would have managed if she had needed more assistance. It was Saturday evening when her television suddenly decided to stop working. We had to call someone to try and fix it, he couldn’t do anything with it but was nice enough to rig up the small television from downstairs so she at least had something to watch. Saturday night when I went to bed I was feeling a lot worse than I had been all day. I got woken up with pain in my stomach a little while before Nan rang my phone and wanted to get up at 4am. She was a lot worse that morning than she had been the day before, she was really stiff and the bruising had all started to come out properly. I made her a coffee and got her all settled and came back up intending to go to sleep. Since my stomach was hurting quite a bit I decided to take some painkillers and sit on my computer for a while while I waited for them to work. The pain got worse and seemed to be coming from the middle of my back and going through to my stomach. It finally got too hard to sit in the chair about 9am. I tried laying in the bed to see if that helped and ended up falling asleep. The pain got worse through the day and I spent the majority of it in the bed. We considered calling a doctor but decided that the best option would be to call the hospital if it didn’t get better. I will admit that by Sunday night we were starting to get a little bit worried that Fidget might be wanting to make his appearance even earlier than we thought he would. Mark was great and helped Nan out with a few things, but mostly she got by on sheer determination and having no choice lol. Yesterday when I got up the pain was still there but not any worse. We decided that for now we didn’t need to call anyone and it was fine to just wait and see. I didn’t do a great deal yesterday except a couple of layouts. Today I am really not feeling great but unless anything changes I am not going to bother ringing the hospital. They will only tell me to rest and take it easy like they do every time. It usually goes something like this when I phone them, they tell me to come in, I go in they check me over and say they think I should stay in for observation, I refuse, they argue, I go home. I’m not stupid I know what things are a problem worth contacting them about and which things can be left for now at least. I have an appointment Monday so worst case scenario I will get checked out then. I am going to leave this for now, it’s hurting my back to sit here so I am going to go and have a lay down for a little while. If I am about later I will try and make time to show you some of the layouts I have done since I posted last. If you don’t want to wait for me to post you can see all of my layouts by clicking the blinkie on the right or clicking here to see just the ones from this month.


Posted on May 12, 2009, in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: